The ICT Apprentice will work as part of the ICT Team and will provide hardware and software application support to users across the Group, either resolving issues directly or working with internal and external e vendors to ensure that any system fixes and enhancements are effectively resolved within agreed priorities and timescales outlined within our service level agreements.
- Participate in ICT Service Desk operation
- Review incidents and requests to ensure incidents are completed in-line with the group’s SLA and ensuring customers are kept informed of progress
- Provide end users with day-to-day support in the use of the Livv Housing Groups corporate business applications such as housing systems, finance systems, workflow systems, document management systems, HR and time recording systems and any interfaces into other systems, as well as providing the group with day-to-day support and training with the in-house corporate reporting solution including the build and maintenance of management information reports and dashboards
- Liaison with vendors’ help desks to resolve application and interface problems, issues and bugs raised by end-users within agreed timescales
- Systems administrator for the Groups application software packages
- Roll out and install new and replacement hardware and software to customers as required and assist with the moving and set up of IT equipment during office moves
- Provide a server operating system administration service under the guidance of the Manager – Technical Support
- To work towards the following qualification Level 3 Digital support technician / Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education at St Helens College (duration 18 months).
Skills you need:
- Good understanding and a keen interest in IT
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with colleagues and system users
- Constructive and resilient when handling work-related issues
- Stamina, drive and resilience
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills
- Enthusiastic, Self-Motivated, Good Attention to detail, and Willing to Learn
- Good interpersonal skills and able to relate well to fellow team members
- Minimum 3 level 4 GCSE’s which much include Maths or English.
Closing date: Monday, 29 March, 2021.
You can download the Knowsley Apprentice application form via the Knowsley Council website which also include details and helpful advice on how to apply.