Income Advisor (1659)
|Job title:||Income Advisor|
|Contract type:||Fixed Term – 6 months|
|Salary:||£22,764 – £28,593 (spot salary on appointment)|
|Hours per week:||37|
|Closing date:||14th September 2020|
Livv Housing Group provides high quality homes to over 25,000 customers living in our 14,000 homes in and around Knowsley, Merseyside. As part of the Livv Housing Group, we work together to ensure customers have successful tenancies and can access life changing opportunities in our communities.
We offer a reward package that recognises the skills and talents of our people, including a competitive salary, generous annual leave, flexible working, Medicash and flexi-time.
The income team’s role is to maximise rental income and minimise customer debt. To achieve this we invest in the customer journey to set our customers up for success, ensuring they prioritise their rent and prevent them from falling into debt. We are recruiting an Income Advisor to collect debt from customers who have fallen into rent arrears.
You will work within well established team with responsibilities for collecting current tenant debt and former tenant debt.
The role will involve:
- Contacting customers at the earliest stage of arrears and proactively pursuing the collection of debt using various engagement methods, including outbound calls and visits to customers homes
- Undertaking income and expenditure assessments and setting up repayment plans
- Identifying customer support needs and referring to appropriate internal teams and external agencies to maximise their benefit income and remove or reduce financial barriers
- Interacting with the Department of Work and Pensions and Local Authority to resolve welfare benefit queries
- Case management following court protocol, including presenting cases at court and attending evictions
To be successful in this role you need to have:
- Experience of debt collection and ideally, welfare benefits knowledge
- Experience of working with CRM systems and using Microsoft applications, including excel
To be successful in this role you need to be:
- Proactive, resilient and thrive in a target driven environment
- Able to balance the needs of the customer with the needs of the organisation
- A direct and clear communicator, capable of having difficult conversations and challenging customer behaviour to effectively negotiate positive outcomes
- Someone who works well in a team, takes ownership and is a creative problem solver